The LFH PTO will be hosting “Tears and Cheers” (with coffee and muffins) for Pre-K and Kindergarten parents/guardians at the Media Center after drop-off on the first day of school. We hope that you all do as well as your kids!
Parents and students are invited to come see their classrooms and meet their teachers on Monday, August 5th from 3 – 6pm.
This is a great opportunity to bring your school supplies to save time on the first day of school. School supply lists can be found here: https://www.rcboe.org/Page/30823
All new students who have not yet registered can register by visiting the front office between the hours of 8am and 4pm from 7/29 – 8/1. Registration will also be open on 8/5 from 10am – 2pm.
First day of school is Tuesday, August 6th. Don’t forget the new school hours: 7:30am – 2:30pm. Parents are welcome to walk their student(s) to their classroom(s) on the first day!
If you have a rising kindergartener or first grader, please come and register at Lake Forest Hills Elementary by April 24, 2019.
And the late application process for School Choice is still available on the Richmond County website (www.rcboe.org) for those who are not in the LFH zone and who want to apply.
Documents Required for Registration:
- Proof or Residence: Current Mortgage Statement or Lease Agreement OR Current Utility Bill (water, gas, electric)
- Copy of Certified Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Georgia Immunization Record
- Georgia Eye, Ear, Dental Form
Coach Barnett will need volunteers to help with the morning Field Day games. This is a wonderful opportunity to spend time with LFH students and teachers! PreK-2nd grade will be on Wed Apr 17; 3rd-5th grade will be one Thur Apr 18. You can sign up using the form that was sent home or online at Sign Up Genius.
THE LFH ONLINE AUCTION HAS BEGUN!!
Please join us for our better than ever online auction! We have amazing items to bid on including:
*Principal for the Day*Forest Hills Golf *Guided after school painting parties*Disney passes and the ever coveted…*Carpool King or Queen!
Clink the link below to access our site. Happy Shopping and Thank You for supporting LFHE!
The online auction will run from Tuesday, March 5th through Sunday, March 17th. All proceeds benefit the students and teachers at Lake Forest Hills Elementary, and the Lake Forest Hills Parent-Teacher Organization which provides IB sponsorship, playground equipment, classroom tools, Popcorn Fridays, and much more! Thank you for contributing to Lake Forest Hills!
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to learn more about the PTO and your student’s teacher!
What day, you ask? This Thursday, August 30th.
Will there be food, you wonder? Yes! There’ll be pizza and drinks for sale starting at 5:30pm.
When does the PTO Meeting start? It’s at 6:00.
Should I leave after the meeting? No! After the meeting there will be a parent orientation in individual classrooms.
Is that all, you query? Of course that’s not all! This is the LFH PTO! There’ll also be:
- Free cookies and other giveaways from our Fall Fundraiser (Great American Fundraiser)!
- New LFH Spirit Shirts for sale ($12 per shirt or $10 for members)!
- State of the School Presentation with an Activity Calendar for the year and Volunteer Opportunities!
So join the PTO (if you haven’t already), buy a shirt and some pizza, and learn more from your child’s teacher about what to expect this year!
And remember: even if you don’t have time to volunteer, the membership dues make a huge difference!
Registration and Open House
- LFH Registration: 8 AM to 3 PM on Fri Aug 3
- LFH Open House: 3 PM to 7 PM on Fri Aug 3
- What is Registration?
- Registration is the process by which RCBOE (the Richmond Counter Board of Education) collects all the information that is needed in order to enroll your child.
- Who needs to go?
- According to RCBOE, “Parents of new or transferring (moved to a new school zone) students are required to complete registration. Student’s [sic: this is an improper use of the possessive] already legally registered in a school or school zone should only update registration on a regular basis to keep information current.”
- It is possible to complete part of the registration process online. However, RCBOE states that “[o]nce you complete the online registration portion, you will need to go to your zoned school to provide additional documentation […].”
- If your child has already been attending LFH, you will not need to re-register.
- What do I need to bring?
- Please see the RCBOE “Registration Central” for this and other pertinent information.
- If I have problems or questions, whom can I contact?
- According to RCBOE, “Elementary Registration is conducted at the Central Office 864 Broad Street at the 1st floor help desk each Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00AM-5:00PM.”
- However, you may join us on the LFH Registration Day and have your questions answered at our school by LFH faculty and staff.
- What is Open House?
- The primary purpose of Open House is to meet your child’s new teacher.
- Who needs to go?
- No one must go, but we encourage everyone to attend.
- What do I need to bring?
- You don’t need to bring anything, although you may wish to drop off school supplies so that you don’t have to worry about your child lugging them all in on the first day of school.
- What else can I do when I visit the school this Friday?
- There will be tables for the PTO, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and the Boys & Girls Club for the entire day.
- If I have problems of questions, whom can I contact?
- Please contact the front office at 706-737-7317 or the LFH PTO (using Facebook or emailing us at email@example.com).
- Any final words?
- Please take your time and, like our students, feel free to ask questions and explore!
Your LFH PTO Board had their first meeting of the year, and we’re excited about everything we plan to do to support the LFH community. You can find a list of the 2018-2019 Board Members here, some of whom posed for a selfie! Front row: Brinsley Thigpen (co-president) and Katie Wynn (co-president); second row: Lyndsey Mahoney (vice president) and Dee Griffin (secretary); third row: Tina Niday (co-parliamentarian), Sara Westmoreland (membership); back row: Luke Niday (co-parliamentarian), Crystal Coleman (IB coordinator), Jenna Matson (member-at-large), and Brian Armstrong (digital communications).
Teacher Appreciation Week
April 30-May 4th, 2018
Show your teachers and staff members how much they mean to you!
Here are some ideas.
- Tuesday: Bring your teacher a surprise (such as an apple, a flower, or a drawing).
- Wednesday: Bring a school supply for your teacher.
- Thursday: Compliment your teacher with a homemade card or note.
- Friday: Wear your teacher’s favorite color (and be sure to ask her what it is!).
Even a single one of these can help our teachers and staff to know how important they are!
Academic Night + Title One Annual Meeting
When? Monday April 16th at 6 pm
Where? The LFH Cafeteria
The LFH Academic Night will feature activity stations (run by LFH teachers), make-and-take games, and online resources (example). We’ll show you how to easily enhance your student’s ability to learn at home.
Don’t miss it!