Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to learn more about the PTO and your student’s teacher!
What day, you ask? This Thursday, August 30th.
Will there be food, you wonder? Yes! There’ll be pizza and drinks for sale starting at 5:30pm.
When does the PTO Meeting start? It’s at 6:00.
Should I leave after the meeting? No! After the meeting there will be a parent orientation in individual classrooms.
Is that all, you query? Of course that’s not all! This is the LFH PTO! There’ll also be:
- Free cookies and other giveaways from our Fall Fundraiser (Great American Fundraiser)!
- New LFH Spirit Shirts for sale ($12 per shirt or $10 for members)!
- State of the School Presentation with an Activity Calendar for the year and Volunteer Opportunities!
So join the PTO (if you haven’t already), buy a shirt and some pizza, and learn more from your child’s teacher about what to expect this year!
And remember: even if you don’t have time to volunteer, the membership dues make a huge difference!
The new LFH t-shirts are here!
We have new shades of blue and a new design. Also, starting this year, we’re giving PTO members a discount on the t-shirts: the new t-shirts will be $10 for members (and they’ll continue to be $12 for non-members). Be sure to sign up for the PTO and buy a t-shirt tomorrow during Registration or Open House! Members will also be getting a new weekly email, which will include updates from Dr. Driggers, and – while supplies last! – a free car sticker.
Registration and Open House
- LFH Registration: 8 AM to 3 PM on Fri Aug 3
- LFH Open House: 3 PM to 7 PM on Fri Aug 3
- What is Registration?
- Registration is the process by which RCBOE (the Richmond Counter Board of Education) collects all the information that is needed in order to enroll your child.
- Who needs to go?
- According to RCBOE, “Parents of new or transferring (moved to a new school zone) students are required to complete registration. Student’s [sic: this is an improper use of the possessive] already legally registered in a school or school zone should only update registration on a regular basis to keep information current.”
- It is possible to complete part of the registration process online. However, RCBOE states that “[o]nce you complete the online registration portion, you will need to go to your zoned school to provide additional documentation […].”
- If your child has already been attending LFH, you will not need to re-register.
- What do I need to bring?
- If I have problems or questions, whom can I contact?
- According to RCBOE, “Elementary Registration is conducted at the Central Office 864 Broad Street at the 1st floor help desk each Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00AM-5:00PM.”
- However, you may join us on the LFH Registration Day and have your questions answered at our school by LFH faculty and staff.
- What is Open House?
- The primary purpose of Open House is to meet your child’s new teacher.
- Who needs to go?
- No one must go, but we encourage everyone to attend.
- What do I need to bring?
- You don’t need to bring anything, although you may wish to drop off school supplies so that you don’t have to worry about your child lugging them all in on the first day of school.
- What else can I do when I visit the school this Friday?
- There will be tables for the PTO, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and the Boys & Girls Club for the entire day.
- If I have problems of questions, whom can I contact?
- Please contact the front office at 706-737-7317 or the LFH PTO (using Facebook or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Any final words?
- Please take your time and, like our students, feel free to ask questions and explore!
Your LFH PTO Board had their first meeting of the year, and we’re excited about everything we plan to do to support the LFH community. You can find a list of the 2018-2019 Board Members here, some of whom posed for a selfie! Front row: Brinsley Thigpen (co-president) and Katie Wynn (co-president); second row: Lyndsey Mahoney (vice president) and Dee Griffin (secretary); third row: Tina Niday (co-parliamentarian), Sara Westmoreland (membership); back row: Luke Niday (co-parliamentarian), Crystal Coleman (IB coordinator), Jenna Matson (member-at-large), and Brian Armstrong (digital communications).
Teacher Appreciation Week
April 30-May 4th, 2018
Show your teachers and staff members how much they mean to you!
Here are some ideas.
- Tuesday: Bring your teacher a surprise (such as an apple, a flower, or a drawing).
- Wednesday: Bring a school supply for your teacher.
- Thursday: Compliment your teacher with a homemade card or note.
- Friday: Wear your teacher’s favorite color (and be sure to ask her what it is!).
Even a single one of these can help our teachers and staff to know how important they are!
Academic Night + Title One Annual Meeting
When? Monday April 16th at 6 pm
Where? The LFH Cafeteria
The LFH Academic Night will feature activity stations (run by LFH teachers), make-and-take games, and online resources (example). We’ll show you how to easily enhance your student’s ability to learn at home.
Don’t miss it!
There are plenty of opportunities to help out with movie night. Just click on the image below to learn more!
GIRL SCOUTS INFORMATION MEETING
Where: Lake Forest Hills Elementary
When: Wednesday, January 24th from 5-6pm
Come out and:
Meet Troop Leaders
Register for the Year
Learn about upcoming meetings and events
Learn about volunteer opportunities
Need More Info: Contact Michal @ TheMichalHynson@gmail.com
LAKE FOREST HILLS
Thursday, January 25th: 9:30am and 5:30pm
LFH Media Center
Prospective Parents and Students: Come learn more about the IB program and the LFH Family! We can’t wait to see you there!
3-5th graders are invited to a Winter Wonderland dance on Friday, Jan 19th from 6:00 to 8:00 in the cafeteria.
Contact Mickey Williford (Mickey.email@example.com) if you are interested in donating food or volunteering.
2$ at door!
Food, fun and friends no charge!